Monday, May 2, 2011

Vacation


Vacation
All I ever wanted
Vacation
Had to get away
Vacation
Meant to be spent alone


Started new job. Everyone is a guy, I wake up at 5:00AM, I work in an office. Nothing I learned in school is ANY GOOD except for maybe terminology, e.g. caisson wall.

As of tomorrow I will begin designing my first piece of engineering work. Enwave provides heating and cooling solutions for the current Women's college hospital and will do so for the new one I am working on. Two pipes, one 10 inches in diameter and one 5 will run into the building. The former will carry condensed steam and cold water, the latter will carry only cold water.

The large pipe will contract and expand due to the fact that cold water and hot steam will run through it at various times. I am required to design the sleeve through which this pipe of variable diameter and shape will pass. The pipe also curves through this sleeve further adding to the confusion. Oh and of course, none of the drawings are to scale. Of course.

A structural engineer will sign off on my work if it's good to go. Fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment