Wednesday, August 4, 2010


…I’m a bad man, because I don’t even miss her.

People say I work too hard, well that may be. But if you aren’t down with that, then fuck you. Anyways, start the day with a friendly voice, a companion unobtrusive, as my man Geddy says.

So it has been a week and the progress with my course schedule is nowhere. Well I shouldn’t say that, they have actually enrolled me in first year civil engineering. So I guess, my displacement is negative, look on the bright side, I can go back next year and kill those 1T4’s, piece of cake right? Well half a piece.

I am going to the United States this weekend, hoping for some mad deals to be had. Mad deals. World Gone Crazy deals, the nature of deals where you’d consider selling an organ, or trading in a loved one just to get the object of desire…the kind of deals where you awake one night in the not-so-distant-future in a cold sweat, in your just awoken state of mind, you search for reasoning and logic to deduce whether those deals were a product of you dream, or a tangible expression of commerce.

Remember kids, money is something which can be exchanged for goods or services. In my case, I never have enough of it. Read: lacking 4000 spare dollars to blow on an Omega Speedmaster, but I digress complaining is for a select breed of people, called women. Zing!

So, here is my plan, thus far I have downloaded three textbooks, CME 210, 270, 263. I also may have located the textbook for CIV280. I now have some PDFs for these textbooks. My plan is to take these via a USB key to a print shop and have them printed, If I can get it for 2 or 3 cents a page, I’m looking at some mad savings.

At 3 cents a page, if I print 2000 pages, I’m looking at 60 dollars. Not bad, not bad at all. At 3000 pages, looking at what, 101 dollars some change, plus any upload fee, hopefully negligible at best. Much research is required…much work ahead. Education isn’t free, it should be, but this is Canada, remember, such a great place. That is to say, if you can afford it.

I had this conversation with someone recently, but I’ll put it in writing, makes it official. If you aren’t good at anything, you are useless. The harsh reality is that there are far too many mediocre or average people. You have to get up everyday, bleed excellence, ooze confidence, be all that you can be, and aspire to greatness.

…I guess you just have to wake up as David King, zing.

No comments:

Post a Comment