Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Where is my volunteer app decision?

Something a little different today, going to write this as I slack at work…

So lately I have stumbled upon a great many things. To start, I have found a website, grooveshark.com which is unblocked at work and I can listen to almost any song. Read: any. I can even my obscure random music from a far off land. Work has gotten a lot easier, a lot quicker and a lot better.
I really wanted to work August 2nd, really. The 2nd being a civic holiday the office is closed and will run on a skeleton crew. Not often you can use that phrase in day to day musings. Anyways, anything will be better than being home on August 2nd. No gym, Mary and Jim home and by far the worst aspect: My birthday. Probably my 2nd least favorite, well, actually third least favorite day of the year.

I might as well take this time to outline the top three worst days of any given year:
1) Christmas Day, oh God…time with family, likely a decent meal, but that is overshadowed with horrible television and miserable time with Mary ever present.

2) New Year’s Eve, that one day a year where you HAVE and I mean HAVE to go out and have a social life and plans. You spend weeks and I mean weeks, beforehand trying to scrape together something ‘cool’ or ‘hip’ just to celebrate a new year. Fuck I hate New Year’s Eve…mostly because my friends and I aren’t exactly the social types. I miss being a child, we would just get together, get pizza, play video games or watch movies, take a break to countdown, return to what we were doing. Clear, simple and plain. Now that you are in your 20’s, God help you if you aren’t out in the social scene.

Breathed a sigh of relief when I had food poisoning for the 09-10 change over. For once I didn’t have to worry. I had an excuse to be in, and hey, I’m still alive.

3) My birthday, you get all that attention showered on you. I am not big on attention, I try to keep a low key, not a show off type. But on your birthday, you get it all. Undeserved I might add, I never get why people get all worked up over the day, it is just a day of the year. I haven’t celebrated it in years. I mean years. Spending your birthday in a Nova Scotia forest eating mint leaves on a survival ex in the Reserves really has a way of killing the ‘magic’ in it.

Mint leaves are surprisingly good, ya I was hungry as hell, but my breathe was to die for.

Caveat: This really only applied to cynical David.

So, I was in a mc ds the other night with my friends. Temptation was never stronger. It has been about a year a half, all of it sober. Got to keep pressing, but I miss fast food so much…so very very much. To but live in a world where I could have that quick convenient taste and relatively good pricing without the horrible health side effects. That world, that would be a better world …well that place does exist. A kingdom of conscious, a kingdom of Heaven.

I have not run in some time now, I don’t even know how long since I stopped counting. It was a week since I stopped counting, so now we are at a week + x, where x is a variable for time in days. That’s right, I have been mentally preparing myself for the coming ride for ruin…

Every year too few come to break the lines of U of T, regardless, go we must. Ahh so excited, can’t wait to see that crotch punching, elbow jabbing, face busting schedule which promises to shake the very foundations of the Earth.

Piece of cake right? Well, half a piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment