Sunday, March 28, 2010

QWERTY

Probably will be an uneventful day...

I normally don't write in the daylight hours, but whatever...sometimes some change is good right? Yes we can.

So the thing about drunk txts that I enver really understood was, do they actually feel that way...or is it the alcohol talking. Is it their sub-conscious talking, I don't know...I guess I'll see how it goes monday.

So like an idiot I dropped a bottle of water on my keyboard, the same keyboard I've had since my very first personal computer in grade 8. The same keyboard that has been with me through it all, the highs, the lows. Let us take this time to brainstorm here everything that keyboard and I went through.

-countless assignments, essays, labs
-MSN for the last like 7 years, well 7.5 actually
- subnote, that shit where you are trying to do math on msn with your friends because the exam/test is tomorrow and you struggle to show x^what the hell ever, or d/dx, and it just looks retarded and leads to more confusion
-YEARS OF WORLD OF WARCRAFT. Ohh man, WoW...wow (get it?), how did that board make it through that? I have to know. Pounding away, day in day out, those 6 hour raids Sun-Thur, the dailys, the Alterac Valley GRIND...my youth.
-Countless other video games that used to fill the void in my life. Man i used to be such a geek, what happened? Well maybe at heart I never really changed, I still have all my Dragon Ball Z and Gundam action figures in my room, PROUDLY displayed.
-Applying to University, seems kinda trivial, but it was a big step in my life, and I couldn't have done it without that keyboard.
-Reapplying, 2 more times because...well that is a story for another day

I'm sure there is alot more, but it escapes me at this juncture. Anyways, the point is, when you have had a keyboard for almost 8 years. When you have lived it for almost 8 years. When you have become it. The loss hurts, and my ability to type has suffered immensely. Keys are different shape, orientation, I make typos like it's popular, the whole thing is just greasey.

There was a time when if sitting at my desk on my computer and someone asked me "where are you from?" "Right here".

No comments:

Post a Comment